Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Learning

I'm a firm believer in continuing education.  When you can't afford writing workshops or programs, you do it yourself.  Some of the best advice I heard was to read a book and learn how the author made it work.  So, that is exactly what I am going to do.  Not only will it get me reading fiction regularly, but I will be learning at the same time.

My plan is to read the book with minimal stopping for note taking.  Then I go back, chapter by chapter and analyze the book.  Discover how it works.  In doing so, however, my posts will be rather spoiler-heavy, I am afraid.

These posts I plan to keep on Thursdays.  Today or tomorrow, I'll post my book choice and on the 7th, I'll give an update on my progress.  I welcome your responses to the book, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment