Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Body Lang and Six

Interesting post here. I had seen the comment's question last night and was going to comment then, but I like the blogger's take. Because Six, my main character from Lab, does this very thing. He interprets body lang and other things about a person--he takes their measure and does it quickly--and gives his opinion like a fact. He's often right, but he's also wrong, too. Why did I do this? Because originally I was softening his opinion words like "maybe", "perhaps", "I thought". Then I got disgusted with it--because it's what I do too often is use those words--and decided to be radical and make him express opinions as facts. Well, at the time I thought it was radical; in light of this post, maybe not so. But anyway, it changed how I wrote Six; it became an important part of his character,and I love it when things like that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment